As we approach the end of term I wish to thank you all for your continued support. It is with great pleasure I announce that the school has gained its best ever Key Stage 3 results and we anticipate a similar scenario in August with the GCSE/BTEC results. A summary report on all results will be forwarded to you in September 2013.
1. Last day of term will be Friday July 19th 2013 with the school closing to all pupils at 1.00pm. This will be a non-school uniform day.
2. Commencement of the 2013-2014 academic year:
• Monday September 2nd 2013 INSET day for all staff.
• Tuesday September 3rd 2013 year 7 & 12 pupils only.
• Wednesday September 4th 2013 all pupils to return to school.
• INSET 2013-14:
• Monday 16th September 2013 (school closed to pupils)
• Friday November 15th 2013 (school closed to pupils)
3. Staffing: The following teachers are leaving this Summer.
• Mrs Denise Jones (English)
• Miss Ffion Lewis (Modern Foreign Languages)
• Mr Iwan Meaker (Technology)
• Mrs Sandra Seldon (Head of Sociology and Business)
• Mrs Delyth Evans (English)
On behalf of all connected with the schooI I wish to thank them all for their contribution to the development of the school and we wish them every success for the future. I also wish to extend our best wishes to Mrs Angharad Tay and Mrs Sarah Griffiths who will commence a period of maternity from September 2013.
4. School Uniform: Thank you for your support regarding the school uniform. Pupils will be expected to return to the white shirt and tie from Monday, November 1st 2013.